Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Politics and Other Matters

Another day in the life. The morning was hectic as usual. All three cats are still sick with the kennel cough, and my puppy ripped out his suture last night. It’s all right, and the vet said just to keep and eye on it and bring him in if it tries to reopen or anything. Princess was her normal overactive self, knocking me over while I was trying to put her morning food out. I keep hoping she’ll settle down one of these days, but somehow I don’t see that happening.

I was watching the news this morning. Bad idea, I know. But sometimes I just can’t help it. Yesterday what’s his name was found eligible for the death penalty. Does this surprise anyone? I doubt it, unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past couple of months. Especially after that show he put on last week. I think this is ridiculous though. Not because of any problem with the death penalty. Unlike most UUs, I’m actually pro-death penalty. There are a lot of reasons for that, and I won’t get into them here. But where this case is concerned, it’s flat out ridiculous. He wants to die. If he dies, he becomes a martyr for the terrorism movement. That’s all need to do –give them another martyr. Right. Send him off to do hard labor for the rest of his life. He deserves it. But don’t kill him.

Then there was Mister Tom Delay. He’s resigning from Congress and has announced that he won’t run again. He claims this is because of the Democrats. Wait a minute –he’s been indicted on money laundering charges, but his resignation from Congress is the other party’s fault? Riggghhhhhhtttt. And a pig just flew past my non-existent office window. Sorry, I’m going to have to throw the bullshit flag down on this one. Get a life, Mr. Delay. And learn to own up for your own mistakes.

In other areas, one of my best friends operation to determine whether or not she has ovarian cancer is two weeks from tomorrow. I’m nervous and a little terrified. She’s the first and best friend I have ever had. To me she is family. And I can’t stand the thought of any one else I care for having cancer. I think about it and get a lump in my throat. She’ll be okay, I’m sure, but I am still worried about her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home