Friday, November 17, 2006

Thank God/Goddess/(Insert preferred deity) for Wal-mart!

I mean that. Seriously. As much as I hate store (which is a lot), I’m glad they exist today. Why? That $4 prescription drug program of theirs. I finally went back to the school nurse because this cold wasn’t getting any better, and because I’ve had this throbbing pain in my right ear for the past several days. It turns out I have a really bad ear infection. And I don’t have any health insurance since I lost my job. Which means any meds have to be cheap. So they gave me a generic antibiotic (amoxicillin, which has me worried since I’m allergic to penicillin). I actually got the meds filled at my usual Target pharmacy but they’re matching the Wal-mart progam. So I got a prescription that would have cost $20 before this program started for only one-quarter of that. That’s an amazing discount. And one that really helps someone who’s unemployed and has no health insurance like me!

On a related note, I asked the pharmacist if there was anything I could do to help the swelling around my ear. He tried to sell me a twelve dollar decongestant. I said no thanks, and when I came home, made a poultice and put it on the ear. Five or ten minutes later the swelling was much better. If only the infection could be taken care of that easily!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home