Wednesday, January 17, 2007

First Day of Classes

Yesterday was my first day of classes. I’ve all ready figured out to watch the beauracracy of this school; last week I had to go up there on Friday to re-register and take care of my financial aid. That took most of the day, lol. Yesterday I got a call telling me that one of my classes had been changed from Monday nights to Thursday nights, and today they called telling me that they’d changed it back. So I was sure to leave early last night to get my parking permit before class. It took forever to find the police station, and when I did they needed all kinds of different documentation: class schedule, driver’s license, registration, insurance –it was worse than getting on a plane! That took nearly an hour. After that, I still had to find the building and a parking spot where I wouldn’t get towed. I ended up going into the wrong wing of the building (north versus south) and then it turned out they’d changed the classroom and the building! But I ran into two other girls in the class and we found the new location together, so that turned out well. And then when class let out a lot of us (me included) got an unpleasant surprise: there are three ways in and out of the university, and after seven they lock two of them (as in, they close and padlock big iron gates and the guards leave). So I went to the main entrance and found it locked, turned around and had to find another way out. There was a whole line of cars circling the school on those one-way roads looking for an open exit! It was actually pretty funny. Then when I did find the way out it let out into a strange neighborhood, and I spent 30 minutes finding the right way to get home!

The class itself was Personality. The prof is nice, and so eccentric one kid muttered that she must have become a shrink so she wouldn’t have to pay for one. I liked her though –and she worked 4 days of “distance learning” into the schedule to, as she was sure to let us know, help combat global warming. So yeah –I definitely like her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home